The self-lubricating layer.
What is KANIFLON®?
KANIFLON® is an internationally renowned brand name for a chemically precipitated nickel dispersion coat. By dispersion layer is meant a uniformly distributed incorporation of minute, non-metallic particles in the KANIGEN® matrix.
In KANIFLON®, additional unique properties are added to the excellent properties of the KANIGEN® base by the incorporation of about 20 vol.% PTFE.
Our technique guarantees uniform layer thicknesses even in strongly structured surfaces. Reproducible quality is another essential factor of our KANIFLON® technology.
- Chemical resistance
- Reduced coefficient of friction
- Hydrophobic properties offer problem solutions in lubrication, friction, adhesion, wear and corrosion in almost all industrial sectors.
With KANIFLON®, you have a sophisticated system adapted to the current demand for innovative surface technology. Because, KANIFLON® is always in the process of advanced development spending tremendous time and effort.
With KANIFLON®, you are using the chemically precipitated nickel-PTFE layer with the longest experience worldwide.
- Enables the use of low-quality base material
- Simplifies production, particularly in the area of chipping
- Offers optimum material combination possibilities
- Enables the recovery of the target state
- A uniformity and accuracy of layer up to ±2 % saves reworking
- High availability in terms of scarce resources
- Coating quality reproducible at the same level
- Competitive advantages by the increase in product quality
- High dimension accuracy of the KANIFLON® layer up to ±2 %
- Product features are positively modified
- Reduces adhesion through its hydrophobic property
- Significantly reduces static friction
- Protects against "seizing" due to lubricant failure
- Protects against corrosion and pollution
- Arrests wear of the carrier material
- Offers excellent dry operation properties
Excellent long-term properties
The incorporated PTFE particles by its "depot" effect guarantee a 100% functionality of the layer till its complete removal.
As dispersion layer for specific application areas with problems of friction, adhesion and wear, KANIFLON® additionally offers an excellent corrosion protection. The attained test values are comparable with the values of our KANIGEN® method. By the incorporated PTFE, the values are consistently favourable.
Coefficients of friction
The low coefficient of friction of KANIFLON® is required if:
- Moving parts should guarantee their functions even after long downtimes
- Guidances, connections, joints, hinges, pistons, etc., rattle, jam, squeak, or tend to similarly undesirable occurrences
- The run-in period of components should be completed under easier, optimum conditions
- Lubrication systems are too expensive, too delicate, too maintenance-intensive, or not at all possible
- Lubrication systems have failed
- Constant tolerance till ±2 %
- Maximum limit 25 μm in layer combination with KANIGEN® ∞
Max. 250 °C in application
- In deposition state about 300 – 350 HV 0.05
- After heat treatment about 290 °C about 400 – 450 HV 0.05
About 7.85 g/cm³
Up to 440 N/mm² depending on base material
Composition and effect
Diagram of the multi-level structure and effect of the dispersion layer KANISIL®.
Our obtained practical values correspond to the general state of the technology and the specifications of DIN EN ISO 4527.
Download & help
If you have questions, suggestions or requests? Then contact us equal. We are glad to be here for you.
- Sales Assistant -
Phone: +49 6021 709-0
Our office hours are:
Mon - Thu: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:30pm